Where is Sulawesi ?
Sulawesi Island is one of the biggest island in East Indonesia. It has two main cities, Makassar, the capital city of Southern Province and Manado is the capital city of the Northern Province of Sulawesi island. It is only two hours flight from Jakarta and one hour by flight from Bali.
How safe is Sulawesi today ?
We’ve been frequently asked “How safe is Sulawesi?” and we do appreciate your concern regards the communal conflict in Poso (Central Sulawesi) in the past but in fact Sulawesi is still beautiful, cultural, friendly and peaceful as ever before.
When is the best time to visit Sulawesi ?
You can visit Sulawesi all the year around, but as you’ve probably known that there is a rainy season and a dry season in Indonesia. The dry season is between Mid March and end of November. The rainy season is between December and March. This doesn’t mean that you can’t visit Sulawesi during the rainy season! The chance is higher to get rain in the rainy season. In the highland of Toraja you might get some rain showers in the late afternoon. In the worst case it will rain half a day. If you travel to the south-coastal area of the island, the chance of getting rain becomes higher. In the center of the island, it might rain all day or even a whole week in January and February !
Did you have any Guests from Internet who visiting Sulawesi recently ?
Yes, We do have ! Take a look below some of our valued-Guests who have purchased our tours via email (Internet) and they have visited Sulawesi:
Booking via Email / Internet Booking periode 2013 to 2015:
01. Carlos Gonzales Martinez (5 Days Toraja Sengkang Tour)
02. Chritian Travaglia (4 Days Toraja Tour)
03. Hyo-Jung Jwa (4 Days Toraja Tour)
04. Luc Anglichau (13 Days Car Rental Self Drive)
05. Anouk Vermeyden (4 Days Toraja Cultural Tour)
06. Nigel Craven (21 Days Trans Sulawesi Tour)
07. Karen Anstis (6 Days Toraja Bugis Package Tour)
08. Bernard Butaud (4 Days Toraja Cultural Tour)
09. Christophe Cottet Emard (5 Days Car Rental Service)
10. Roberto Campana (4 Days Toraja Cultural Tour)
11. Reto Ludwig (7 Days Car Rental Service)
12. Luc Van Mellaert (4 Days Toraja Cultural Tour)
13. Alejandra Ruiz Lopez (13 Days Toraja Bugis Bira & Bali Tour)
14. Elisabetta Chiavarini (16 Days Trans Sulawesi Tour)
15. Isabelle Mathey (8 Days Car Rental Service)
16. Jasper Wouda (4 Days Car Rental Self Drive)
17. Doug Johnson (4 Days Toraja Cultural Package Tour)
18. Gustavo Asuar Saez (4 Days Toraja Cultural Package Tour)
19. Franciska Pouw (5 Days Toraja Cultural Package Tour)
20. Carolin Klema (1 Day Cruises Shore Excurison in Makassar)
21. Ronald Carswell (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion in Makassar)
22. David Mateju (12 Days Car Rental Self Drive)
23. Marcelle Sanker (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion in Makassar)
24. Alma Rubini (3 Days Toraja Cultural Tour)
25. Chris Chancellor (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion in Makassar)
26. Shakira Jones (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion in Makassar)
27. William King (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion in Makassar)
28. Nicholas Porrit (3 Days Car Rental Service)
29. Barbara Szot (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
30. Mort Berman (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
31. Uyvonne Rayner (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
32. Hasan Mahdi (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
33. Nadia Addyman (1 Day Ground Cruise Handling Tour in Makassar)
34. William Childers (1 Day Ground Cruise Handling Tour in Makassar)
35. Gordon Kilgore (1 Day Ground Cruise Handling Tour in Makassar)
36. Gregory Parker (1 Day Ground Cruise Handling Tour in Makassar)
37. Rose Laurel (1 Day Ground Cruise Handling Tour in Makassar)
38. Ruth Dziadek (1 Day Ground Cruise Handling Tour in Makassar)
39. Irene Ann Lambert (1 Day Ground Cruise Handling Tour in Makassar)
40. Nola Venton (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
41. Massimo Rigamonti (15 Days South Sulawesi Package Tour)
42. A. J. Strookappe (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
43. Robert Riley (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
44. Hendry Goodman (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
45. Maralyn Flower (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
46. Boon Whye Toh (8 Days Rantemario Mountain Trekking)
47. Rodney Waldbaum (1 Day Cruises Shore Excursion from Palopo to Toraja)
49. Paul Geeurickx (21 Days Trans Sulawesi Package Tour)
40. Marco Borghesi (21 Days Trans Sulawesi Package Tour)
50. Gilles Saint Martin (3 Days Car Rental Service)
51. Helmut Gennrich (5 Days Car Rental Service)
52. Luca Demarchi (5 Days Toraja Sengkang Package Tour)
53. Miki Iwamura (5 Days Toraja Sengkang Package Tour)
54. Claudio Iturra Jauregui (4 Days Car Rental Self Drive)
55. Marco Wieshofer (4 Days Toraja Cultural Package Tour)
56. Cornelis Vijverberg (1 Days Cruise Shore Excursion in Makassar)
57. Nihonbashi Travelers Club (6 Days Tangkoko Minahasa Highland Tour)
58. Thomas Couvreur (17 Days Trans Sulawesi Package Tour)
59. Marco Borghesi (21 Days Trans Java Overland Package Tour)
60. Nancy Katzoff (5 Days Toraja Makassar Cultural Tours)
61. Ricardo Abellan Sanchez (4 Days Toraja Cultural Package Tour)
63. Jacopo Andreuccetti (6 Days Car Rental Service)
64. Robert Milbourne (7 Days Mamasa Toraja Tour)
65. Maria Teresa Floristan (4 Days Toraja Cultural Tour)
66. Sonja Hoffmann (7 Days Toraja Sengkang Bira Tour)
67. Richard Craig (1 Day Makassar Countryside Tour)
How do you arrange a Tour to Sulawesi ?
First you may check out some of our suggested-package tours and if you’re interested then we ask you to take a few minutes of your time to fill in the Reservation Form. From this form we learn about your preferences and will be able to arrange your very individual holiday.The schedule and the price of the whole trip will be sent to you by e-mail promptly. Study it very carefully and tell us where you want some changes to be made. We can help design the trips for you according to your age, capability, point of interests and any trips that meet your requirement with our flexible conditions
What do you mean by Personalized Service ?
Directly after your arrival , probably at the airport of UjungPandang or Manado. You will be met by a very knowledgeable and good English Speaking Guide. He will accompany you during all of your trip and take good care of (almost) all you need. You will start right away with the first of your chosen on our”Suggested-Package Tours”., if it’s a Toraja Tour, Togian Islands & Morowali nature reserve, Trans-Sulawesi, or some relaxing days with various activities in the south Sulawesi, Central Sulawesi , South-East Sulawesi or North Sulawesi. or just a simply hiring a car arrangement with a driver and Tour Guide. Then fill in our reservation form and we’ll get you back with your requirement.
What is the Follow- up Service ?
If you plan to extend your trip, you might want to be accompanied to other regions of East Indonesia, e.g., Borneo, Irian Jaya, Maluku, Lombok or Flores. No problem ! we can design and arrange guides for you who have travelled all over Indonesia and know the certain destinations very well. Just let us know and we can meet you to make your requirement still in our services.
What are the Accommodations used in your Package Tour ?
You have a wide variety of choices. We always provide your accommodation with standard hotel or Middle class hotel like Madarana Hotel, Rantepao Lodge or similar in Toraja Land. And the best available hotels in the certain regions like, Sengkang, Bira, Pendolo, Tentena, Gorontalo, etc. but if you like to stay in real luxury like “Novotel Toraja , Misiliana Hotel, Marante Hotel, Sahid Toraja or similar” Just let us know.
And if you take our hard-adventure tours like, Mamasa Nature Walk & Trekking, Lore Lindu Adventure or any trekking that goes into the remote regions of Sulawesi, then you will not find better comfort accommodation than staying in the local people houses or at a very clear simple homestay.
What is Included in your Package Tour ?
The rate that will be given to you includes all land-transportation and accommodation during your trip, entrance fees, Guide fees, Porter, Refreshment, boat-hire and donation. Fullboard is provided in some of our specialized package tours but if you would prefer to have a half board (Breakfast & Dinner), it can also be arranged so.
How can we reach Sulawesi (Celebes) ?
Since Makassar (or UjungPandang), the capital of South Sulawesi is the main gate to travel around Sulawesi Island. So, You have to get firstly to Makassar (previously UjungPandang) which can be reached by sea and by air. The national flight carrier Garuda Indonesia Airways (GA) and Merpati Airlines (MZ) serves 7 times flight carrier a day from all major cities of Indonesia, Bali, Jakarta, etc.
How can I reach Manado ?
Silk Air has two weekly flights directly from Singapore.
There are several daily connection flights from Jakarata or Denpasar via Makassar (UPG).
Can I reach Sulawesi (Celebes) by other possibilities ?
Yes, You can . Cruise-Ship of PELNI such as KM. Kambuna, KM. Kerinci, KM. Kalimu
are calling regularly at Makassar Harbour in UjungPandang
How can I contact Your Customer Service ?
You may contact us via Telephone at : + (62 411) 5332111 or via Fax at : + (62 411) 838299 or call us at our Mobile phone : + 62 899 9871111 (this number can be contacted by WhatsApp and Line) or via our Contact Form.
How do I contact Your Customer Service from outside of Indonesia ?
One of our Customer Care Division will be happy to assist you. Please email us at customer-service and provide us with your phone number and the best time to contact you.
When are Emails Answered ?
Communication via e-mail has become common place in today’s world. As the First Virtual Online Tours & Travel Service Company, SulawesiTorajaTour.com recognizes the importance of responding in a timely fashion to a Customer’s question or request for information. We have established minimum standards on responding to e-mails to ensure that all customer inquiries or questions are answered quickly and efficiently.
SulawesiTorajaTour.com is committed to answering all customer service e-mails within 24 hours of receipt. In most cases, e-mails will be answered within 12 hours. To further ensure quality customer service, all incoming e-mails and subsequent responses are monitored by SulawesiTorajaTour.com Management. A SulawesiTorajaTour.com Customer will always be given the superior personal customer service that they deserve and have come to expect from all of our employees.
If you have any questions or comments, please call + (62 411) 5332111 (24 hours) or e-mail us at customer-service.
Do you arrange the Airport transfers ?
Yes, we do. we can pick you upon your arrival at the airport and take you back there at the end of your trip. This is part of our service and therefore, You won’t be charged as an additional one.
How long does it take from UjungPandang to Toraja Land by car ?
It takes 08 hours with pictureque drive-trip along the Buginese Villages including Lunch enroute stop.
What sort of vehicle do you proivide in your package tours ?
A private Fully Air-Conditioned Minibus or Car SulawesiTorajaTour.com Transport with its fleets of comfort private minibus or coach. If you have time, please click HERE to view our transport used in our tours
Is there any other passengers in the same vehicle we are using ?
No, There will be no other passengers. It is a private one.
Can you provide a multi-linguistic Speaking Tour Guide ?
Yes, We do. Besides English Speaking Guide, we also have our own German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Mandarin Speaking Guide.
If we decide to go with your tours, then, how can I pay you ?
A deposit of 25 % of the tour price per person is payable at the time of booking.
This deposit prepayment can be made by direct wire transfer to our Bank Account as follow or with Credit Card thru PayPal:
Bank Central Asia
Jl. Ahmad Yani
Makassar, Sulawesi Selatan
Account # 0255436789
Name: Hernan Halim
SWIFT Code: CENAIDJA
Note : All bank charges are the responsibility of the sender and Credit Card payment are subject to additional charge of 4.5%.
If by force, I have to cancel our Trip, Any refund from our deposit payment ?
Cancellation fees will not be charges by SulawesiTorajaTour.com. However, cancellation fees might be charged by other contractors such as hotel, transportation and others with whom agreement have been made and for such condition that may occur, these fees will be charged to the clients
After commencement of Tour, no refund, in full or a part, will be given for services included in the programme which are not utilized.
How do I pay the balance payment ?
The balance of the full tour price must be paid upon your arrival before the commencement of travel.
In related to Payment, do you have your price in Rupiahs. US $ or Euro € ?
Our quoted Tour-Price is based on U.S. dollars but you can pay us either with Cash (US$, EURO or IDR) Payment with traveller’s cheques is also possible, but you can exchange them either at banks or at money changers in Makassar (UjungPandang) or in Manado.
If I intend to pay you in Rupiahs, how much is your exchange rate ?
Based on the daily or quoted exchange rate.
Are taxes added to your tour prices ?
No, Not at all ! Unlike most of the other tours and travel agents. We don’t add a tax on our Tour Quoted Prices (absolutely no other hidden fees except our real Tour quoted Prices!)
Do you arrange tours to other regions of Indonesia ?
Yes, We do arrange some package tours to Kalimantan (Borneo), Irian Jaya (Papua), Komodo Island, Flores, Lombok, Bali, Sumba and others. Please also acknowledge that all of our trips operate directly by us not by third parties through our branch offices and representatives. By running directly every trips, we sure we could control directly the safety and quality of the trip as well as to provide you the up-dated information and quote you the most COMPETITIVE TOUR PRICES, direct from us the FIRST HAND Tour Operator.
What if I still have questions ?
If after reading our FAQs, we have not answered your questions, please contact us.